#buyethical, Change, eco fashion, eco-friendly, Environment, environmentalism, environmentally-friendly, ethical consumerism, ethical fashion, ethically-made, recycle, reuse, social change, Social consumerism, social impact, sustainability, sustainable, sustainable fashion, sustainably-made, Upcycle
While buying less and being more considerate about the brands and materials you choose are the most obvious methods of cutting your environmental footprint, there are a few other tips and tricks that any eco-fashionista should adopt. Consider these:
1. Hit the mall with reusable bags so as to avoid using plastic bags in every store.
2. Lower the temperature of the water you use when washing your clothing. This simple act can cut your energy use in half and save you money.
3. Hang your clothes to dry instead of tumble-dying them. While this does require space, it cuts down on the use of a dryer, which saves you energy and money.
4. Steam removes wrinkles and creases, so hang your clothing in the bathroom while you shower and let steam do the job of an iron.
5. Instead of throwing clothes away, consider clothing swaps with friends, second-hand stores, recycling and upcycling.
Consider these simple tricks to make your closet a little more green!